Financial markets need to be honest, fair and effective so that consumers get a fair deal.
We aim to make markets work well – for individuals, for business, large and small, and for the economy as a whole.
We do this by regulating the conduct of nearly 50,000 businesses. We are the prudential supervisor for 48,000 firms and we set specific standards for 18,000 firms.
We are responsible for regulating a sector which plays a critical role in the lives of everyone in the UK and without which the modern economy could not function. From children’s ISAs to pensions, direct debits to credit cards, loans to investments – how well financial markets work has a fundamental impact on us all.
Our strategic objective is to ensure that the relevant markets function well and our operational objectives are to:
- protect consumers – we secure an appropriate degree of protection for consumers
- protect financial markets – we protect and enhance the integrity of the UK financial system
- promote competition – we promote effective competition in the interests of consumers
Our apprenticeships offer you an 18 to 36 month opportunity to take part in key aspects of our day-to-day work, develop new skills and gain an industry leading qualification while you earn. We look for passion and integrity as well as ambition and aptitude in our apprentices.
Our programmes give you a broad understanding of the industry, plus an in-depth knowledge of our organisation. From Strategy to Supervision, each division of the FCA has different areas of expertise. Whatever your skills, whether you’re legally minded, good with numbers, a digital whizz or want to develop your skills with people, our programmes are designed with you in mind.
We also offer our apprentices a competitive range of benefits, including:
- Access to FCA Academy
- A non-contributory pension
- A minimum of 25 days holiday
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Private healthcare
- A subsidised on-site gym
- Charity and volunteering initiatives
- Sports and social clubs
- A reflection and multi-faith room
- A subsidised restaurant