As an RAF Air & Ground Steward you will have fantastic opportunities to travel the world. In your first tour you will work as Cabin Crew on the Voyager aircraft and later as part of our Specialist Field catering Squadron or work alongside industry partners in Military dining facilities.
- Cabin Crew on the Royal Air Force ‘Voyager’ Aircraft
- Cabin Crew on 32 (The Royal) Squadron
- Greeting passengers as they board and exit the plane, providing special attention to passengers as required.
- Serving meals and refreshments
- Checking the condition and provision of on-board emergency equipment and information for passengers
- Demonstrating emergency equipment and safety procedures as well as administering first aid and dealing with passenger or crew emergencies.
Apprenticeship- Cabin Crew Apprenticeship Level 3
- Pay during first 6 months - £18,600+
- Pay after completing basic training + 6 months service - £23,400+
- Be aged 17.5 – 47 years old (Must attest before 48th birthday)
- Have GCSEs (or equivalent) at a minimum of Grade G (Grade 1 to 3) in English Language and Mathematics
- Candidates must be able to swim - See details on RAF website
- Candidates applying for this role need to hold a British Passport before starting the selection process
- Candidates must be within the height range of 161cm to 195cm
- Be a citizen of the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, holder of dual UK/ other nationality or have been a Commonwealth citizen since birth
- Commit to three years service post Phase Two training
- Pass the Defence Aptitude Assessment
To speak directly with someone who does this job, please email CRN-RecruitSelect-LogsSRT-JNCO2@mod.gov.uk
For more information about the role and details of our application process, visit the RAF Recruitment website. To be directed straight to our site Click 'Apply'.