What if you could work on something that you can’t test… but cannot afford to fail? That could have spent years on a submarine, is launched into outer space (where the temperature is below -250c); comes hurtling through the atmosphere, being heated up and shaken and then must work? Some challenge.
We are a world class team
What we do is unique and so are the people who work here. We have some of the best in the business and our people are truly our most valued asset. We work to attract, motivate, develop and retain the best talent and equip our people with the right skills for the future.
For more than 70 years, AWE has been continuously keeping our nation safe: supporting the UK Government’s nuclear defence strategy and the Continuous At Sea Deterrent. We also use our nuclear know-how and technical expertise to provide innovative solutions that support the UK’s counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction activities.
That’s exactly what the team of over 6,500 people at AWE do every day: delivering important work, in support of the most important mission – keeping the nation safe.
We aim to build enduring relationships with our government customers, international partners, suppliers and communities in the locations where we operate.
We create and maintain a safe operating culture where safety is front and centre of everything we do. From building state-of-the-art facilities, to supporting our Production, Science, Engineering and Technology programmes, the management of Environment, Safety, Health and Wellbeing underpins all activities at AWE. It’s at the heart of everything we do.
AWE plays a crucial role in providing the warheads for the deterrent, which is used by the UK to deter the most severe threats to our way of life.
Our Mission - is to deliver nuclear warheads for the UK’s deterrent, and use our expertise to support national security.
Our Vision - Together, delivering solutions for a safe and secure future.
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
Location: Our offices are based in Aldermason, just outside Reading in Berkshire.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees, these include:
· A market leading contributory pension scheme
· Generous holiday entitlement and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work!
· Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
· Access to employee discounts portal – for everyday savings on retail, hospitality and leisure
· Alongside these benefits you will get the opportunity to learn from some of the top leaders in their field whilst helping us to continue to deliver national nuclear security, threat reduction and counter-terrorism solutions.
Our deadline line for applications is Sunday 3rd December. The earlier you apply the better chance you have of success.